Limited operation between 7th May and 7th July 2019
Reopening of the hotel and restaurant on 7th July 2019
Ski Touring in Carinthia, Austria
Hotel eduCARE is the perfect winter accommodation for ski touring holidays in Carinthia
The snow covered, sun-kissed Carinthian mountains are paradise for ski touring trips. Backpack, climbing skins, touring bindings and away you go! From Hotel eduCARE it is not far to the nearest mountain!
Up to the world of untouched, backcountry alpine snow in the Austrian Alps in Carinthia! A number of mountains surrounding Hotel eduCARE are perfectly suited to ski touring at all different levels. Your ski tour ascents will be well rewarded with spectacular mountain panorama views!
Ski tours in Carinthia, Austria
Ski touring in the Nockberge Mountains near Villach: easy tour
Start in Dobratsch Nature Park: Heiligengeist 980 metres in altitude – Mt. Dobratsch 2,167 metres altitude; from Heiligengeist to the Rosstratte with panoramic views over steep slopes and family suitable descent; safe and well-prepared ski tour ascent and descent routes.
Mt. Mallnock, Mt. Klomnock: easy, with long descents
Start St. Oswald 1,325 metres in altitude, ascend with the Brunnach National Park gondola; 1 to 1.5 hours up to the Mallnock; ascent to the Klomnock approx. 30 minutes - one hour; in total approx. 400 metres in altitude. Descent: Schönfeld, Falkert Schutzhaus, St. Oswald.
Mt. Falkert: moderately difficult tour
Start in St. Oswald, take Forststrasse to Falkert Schutzhaus alpine cabin, through Hundsfeldgraben to Hundsfeldhütte hut at 1,900 m; take Hundsfeldscharte up 2,130 metres altitude, leads over clear slopes; the peak is reached over the north ridge; this interesting ski tour over approx. 1000 metres in altitude takes about 3 hours.
Even more ski tours in the Nordic and backcountry ski touring paradise in Carinthia, Austria
- Samalm; 1,150-1,992 metres altitude; St. Lorenzen or Maria Luggau villages
- Griffitzbühel; 1,032-1,861 metres altitude; Birnbaum or Kornat villages
- Gemskofel; 1,095-2,122 metres altitude
Moderately difficult tours:
- Hoher Bösring; 1,450-2,324 metres altitude; Obertilliach ski resort
- Schönjöchl; 1,095-2,298 metres altitude; Obergail; spectacular deep snow descent
- Mittagskofel; 1,108-2,250 metres altitude; Niedergail or Obergail in Lesachtal Valley
- Schwalbenkofel-Schulterhöhe; 1,257-2,424 metres altitude; Raut (near Maria Luggau); requires well considered ski tour trail choice, descent 1,300 metres altitude
- Öfenspitze; 1,518-2,334 metres altitude; Rauchenbach (near Obertilliach ski resort)
- Filmoorhöhe; 1,518-2,457 metres altitude; Rauchenbach bzw. Kartitsch
Details for the above ski tours can be found online at www.lesachtal.com.
Back from your ski tour, you can enjoy delicious Austrian cuisine at the hotel restaurant or a session in the sauna in the Spa & Wellness Area at Hotel eduCARE. Reserve Hotel eduCARE as your winter holiday accommodation and enjoy the perfect ski touring countryside in Austria!