Culture and Sightseeing in Carinthia, Austria
Museums, castles, palaces, festivals and traditions – experience Carinthian culture
In the south of Austria you can experience cultural highlights daily: at festivals, at the Baroque Ossiach Abbey, at the Finkstein amphitheatre high above Lake Faakersee or by visiting one of the many exhibitions and attractions in Carinthia near Hotel eduCARE.
From Hotel eduCARE it is just a ten-minute drive to Villach. Take part in a guided city tour and experience the romantic medieval old town centre with its cultural monuments up close. Discover the history, art and culture of the Villach region in the Villach City Museum: the museum was established in 1873 and is one of the largest and oldest city museums in Austria. In the Villach Automobile Museum you can marvel at antique cars such as the Fiat Topolino or the BMW Isetta.
Events at the Finkenstein Amphitheatre
The Finkenstein Burgarena amphitheatre is an imposing open-air theatre very close to Hotels eduCARE. Music events regularly take place here during the summer months – providing a perfect cultural outing on your summer holiday in Carinthia, Austria.
Carinthian Summer Festival on Lake Ossiach
For over 40 years the one-of-a-kind atmosphere of the Carinthian Summer Festival has attracted artists and audiences from all over the world to the shores of Lake Ossiach. The stage is the Ossiach Abbey. Other festival music venues are in Bergkirchen, in the surrounding Carinthian Alps, and the Villach Congress Centre.
Cultural attractions worth seeing near Hotel eduCARE
- Steindorf: Visit the spectacular home of Graz architecture professor Günther Domenigs. Please note that you can only visit the inside of the house on Open House day in August, however.
- “Pöllingerhütte” Alpine Cabin and Museum: Experience the lifestyle of 19th century mountain farmers for yourself at this exhibition.
- Mushroom Museum: Take a tour through the mushroom kingdom in Austria.
- Ossiach Abbey Sculpture Park: View sculptures by Austrian artists in and around the Carinthian Music Academy.
- Doll exhibition at the foot of the Landskron Castle Ruins: A small world of dolls can be found in the castle guesthouse. Home to more than 1,000 dolls from all over the world.
Reserve your room for your holiday in Carinthia, Austria at Hotel eduCARE and look forward to a broad range of cultural sights and attractions!